Replacement windshield glass... where to get it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Replacement windshield glass... where to get it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Codeglia on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:09 pm:

I've developed a 6" crack in the side of my lower windshield glass, and thought I would check online to see who sells Model T replacement glass... but was surprised to not be able to find any of the usual Model T parts vendors selling any replacement glass.

If that is truly the case, where does one get new glass for their Model T's, when needed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

When I replaced my touring windshield a few years ago, our local auto glass dealer replaced both sections with safety plate glass. the thickness was not the same, but he used what looked like black gasket material to make a good seal. MAC'S used to sell glass, not sure if they still do. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Bob

Mac's, NY, has glass, fit is good, you do the install.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/model-t-ford-windshield-glass-upper-or -lower-piece-for-2-piece-windshield-open-car-and-tt-truck-clear-glass.html

Or you can get new glass from local auto glass companies, check your local area. They will install too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Bob, I also developed a two inch crack on the lower passenger side of my windshield.... I blamed it on jacking up the car with the windshield closed tight..... At least that's what I told Pat as to why I need a new one.... I need safety glass anyway....I hope I can just get one cut at the glass shop but the right thickness will be the concern.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

I picked up 2 pieces of glass from a local glass place for my 1915. I just asked for automotive safety glass and they fixed me up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

I agree, any local glass shop should be able to install new safety glass in your frames.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Codeglia on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 03:57 am:

Thanks, all, for your great suggestions!

(It's interesting in that I looked at the MAC's website and failed to find the page that Dan provided the link for... so I appreciate the link)!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration