Door latch handle color 1927 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Door latch handle color 1927 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

I don't know if the door latches were already installed at the time of the car's painting at the factory. Were door latch handles on this car painted body color or were they always black regardless of body color?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Would be black. Hard for the owner to touch up color latches.

While the 15th Millionth '27 is likely color repainted from original, the latches are still black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

So the latch would have been installed after the body was painted? That's a relief. Makes things a lot easier to manage with the painter. Gives me more time to fix them and install them later.

The dash looks to be a different color than the rest of the car in your picture Dan. This brings up another question:

I thought the steering column clamps at the firewall and the dash would be body color, but in the picture the dash clamp looks to be black? Do I need to take these parts out of the painter's "blue box" and throw them into the "black box"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Eric

Can't find any good original photos of the fastening of the column. But this clip can be reviewed on line for free, 16 sec. of the body drop of the 15th Millionth. The steering column on the frame, so those brackets most likely are black, as they aren't on that painted completed body.

http://footage.framepool.com/en/shot/203965183-edsel-ford-dearborn-henry-ford-fo rd-model-t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Looks like both brackets should be black.

That FramePool is a handy resource. Thanks Dan!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration