Lake Shastina CA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lake Shastina CA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 11:29 pm:

Nice public access campground, have traveled 4,103.6 miles so far.
Headed to Lassen volcanic National park tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Dean, you'll be going through(or more accurately, around) the historic town of Mc Cloud, you might want to take a detour through it. Until the 1960s this was a Company town, and it still looks a lot like one today. The McCloud falls, a bit east of McCloud are also neat.
Have a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Stay off the freeway when you get to Dunsmuir. It's a neat town too, not far from McCloud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:40 am:

There might not be any water in the falls. I went through the area about 3 weeks ago and Shasta lake was dry. Only a small trickle at the very bottom. We couldn't see the Mt. Shasta because of smoke in the air. There were fires all over. Be extra careful if you are on the road at dusk or dawn. There are many deer in the area which like to dart out in front of you.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

I would have mentioned Dunsmuir, as that is my hometown, but am assuming Dean will head out 89 to get to the Park & just miss Dunsmuir (8 miles south of the intersection). Was water in the falls a few weeks ago, but not much! Another falls to stop and see on the way is Burney Falls, which does have water!
AND YES the deer in the are are Kamikaze!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

I second David's recommendation on Burney Falls ( if there is water). They're in McArther-Burney Falls Memorial State Park. We went camping there many times in the 1950's. It's a great place!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration