What year is this fender for?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What year is this fender for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Sorting thru my collection of front fenders I noticed that this one had a very different contour bead line than the others. Can anyone help identify?
Thanks in advance for the education!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:48 am:

Isn't that a 1925?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:21 am:

If your fender has a lip under the hole where the headlight bar goes through the fender is far a 24-25 passenger car. If it doesn't its far a 17-23 passenger car.

T fenders from this era that have the extra bead on it like yours are called passenger car fenders.
Commercial fenders didn't have the extra bead and had a smooth surface.

If you have a Langs catalogue they show T fenders and their differences.

There is some evidence that Ford would use the smooth apron fenders on their passenger cars.
Its been speculated that Ford would use them to use them up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Not a 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:08 am:

And I'm surprised that Larry didn't point out that there is NO such thing as a "Commercial Fender" it is just a production change & I don't have the access to documents or my memory as to what years the no bead or the extra bead were used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

It looks to me as if it has the flange at the front edge, or we would be looking at daylight through the headlight post hole. I'll say it's a '24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

I don't see the raised "washer" around the running board mounting holes that was used on the later fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

That 'raised washer' can be tricky. That was a 'late' change, but also carried forward to other fenders made later, those for repair replacements on the earlier style Fords, that had the low radiator and didn't need the 'apron' style front fenders.

Here is one.

'Wide' bead style, so called 'commercial', but no 'lip' on front for later high radiator with radiator apron.

'raised washer' design on running board end.

This fender made without the apron, and its for use on black radiator T's prior to high radiator.

p.s. If anyone has the left front mate for this right fender, please PM me, I'm searching for its partner in this condition too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.

Yes, this fender has the turned down flange "apron" along the front edge to blend in with the bottom of the radiator lower panel. Wish I had a right side that was as nice as this one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration