Old Car Festival 2015 video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Car Festival 2015 video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Here's a video I shot of Sunday morning. The cars were starting to roll in. I did it early to avoid the human traffic that comes when the public comes flowing in. Watch if interested, I didn't get much in the way of pictures or video...just too busy with it all.

https://youtu.be/nzoHiuDJ03w

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Sorry we missed you Don and thank you for the video!!! That Roll's is cool and i was schocked to see gas lites that late! Did you ever get to see it start?? I see it had a crank and i wonder if it also had [shower of spark's]?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

Very well done, Don!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Don, Thank you for a very nice video.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:48 pm:

Nice video, Don -- Thanks for posting the link to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By iceman on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

I enjoyed your video thanks for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Great video like being there. Thanks, Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

Thanks for sharing Don!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Thanks Don, very nice video.
Keith, I saw you go by around the 7:50 mark. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

Don,Thank's again and can you tell us anything about the 13 RR?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Don, really nice job. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Rob, Thanks for the heads up. I watched that part and it might be us but I'm not sure.

Our '14 has white license plates with black numbers and a big black "W" for Wisconsin.

Best wishes,

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

Great vid Don, i really enjoyed watching that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

Great Job...I feel like I was there. Thanks for the ride on Saturday, we sure had a great time. I wondered what was the Best of Show, and who got some ribbons Don? Thanks for the video...JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

Thanks Don :-)
Bud - check at 21:30 in the video - the Rolls is started and the owner plays the organ. Sounds better than I would have expected from a car horn :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:36 am:

Roger,I listened several times but while i hear it start i hear no starter?? I know nothing of the RR but i was shocked to see gas lites in 1913?? That's our 14 touring with the white tires just before the 14 Chevy!! When i first saw the lines on the RR,i thought it was a bank of grease fittings!! Dumb but well intended-Bud.PS,The lady in the pink dress and hat walking away was my wife. Again Thank's Don!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 01:24 am:

Superb video!
I shared it at the SmokStak.com Antique Autos and Trucks forum....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:32 am:

Thank you Don B! A great video of an incredible event. So many incredible cars all together, to see, hear, and experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:08 am:

Well holy crap, thanks for the complements guys. I thought it was a bit boring. For some reason I just wasn't in to doing video this year but thought I'd put something together..didn't even get the GoPro's out.

The 1913 Rolls Royce is owned by the Barretts from Elmira NY. The family drove it to the OCF and back. They had a flat tire on the way home but quickly swapped it out and was on their way. Mr Barrett was showing a friend of his how it started. He cranked it with what I believe was a electric starter. He then shut it down and it appeared to free start several times after that. Now I wasn't close enough to hear the conversation and don't go by this because I never got a chance to talk to him about it. Tom Miller can answer that with more accuracy and detail. The Barrett's were his house guests and they are close friends.

The maroon Rolls Royce took first place I heard. And Jim Matoys 1925 Model T Touring took third place. I have not heard who took second yet. They should post it on the website soon.

What a show... How lucky we are that Greenfield Village puts this together for all to enjoy. The amount of work that they put in to organizing and ensuring that the cars are period correct is incredible. I can't thank them enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 07:59 am:

Like!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Bump!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 07:42 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 08:04 am:

Also with thanks to Kane Froghunter for that video.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Don...I finally got the time to watch this video in full! Wow, what a great job! Cecil B. DeMills got nothing on you!! Even saw my wife and our neighbor's wife just before 6:00 walking right in front of your view...is that a photo-bomb?? LOL Loved the "calliope" playing on the Rolls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Tim, I really wish we could have had some sit down time. I think next year all the forum members should wear hot pink top hats...or flamingo pink neck wraps...or lime green laced derby's. That way I could be sure to get them in the video! Hah!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

The 1907 K roadster (RED) was in the video

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

Darel, that was Rob Heyen's K. I bet he put 100 miles on it that weekend!

Don, I agree. I'd love to get to know everyone better, maybe pick a few brains, and just shoot the breeze if nothing else!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

I think we have only made 16 or 17 OCF's all in a row and it's the highlite of our old car year.99% nice people and maybe one jerk!I wish in the early morning we did not have to walk so far for coffiee!!Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 08:19 am:

I found it interesting that Saturday had the ropes up, but on Sunday the ropes had all disappeared! Can't help but wonder if Sunday was a trial run to see how it goes without them?

Thoughts?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 08:48 am:

We still had the ropes on Sunday, in the judging area. Sometimes we just went out the "opening", sometimes people held up the ropes for us to drive out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

http://www.wxyz.com/about-us/as-seen-on/old-car-festival-returns-to-greenfield-v illage-for-65th-year

Check this out. This is WXYZ in Detroit doing the live shot of the Old Car Festival this year. The second half is MY VIDEO!! They actually took this off YouTube from 2014. What-da-what??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

Copyright infringement I think Don. Breanne is way nicer looking than you though. It sure looks like last years video that you filmed.. Now get back to that sugar beet harvest, as Michigan Sugar Co. says, "What could be sweeter than this"...JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 06:34 am:

JD you just proved to me again that a good looking blonde can get away with anything up there in Augres!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:35 am:

But can she net suckers in the spring at Omer?? Bud from Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:52 am:

Bud, I'm sure she could net JD easy enough...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:57 am:

Once again Don my thanks for all your work!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Thank you Bud, I'm currently experiencing "Old Car Fest" withdrawals. How quickly we get spoiled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

Bud, I bet she could be Festival Queen at the spring sucker run. I wish it was nearly festival time, that would mean winter was about over! Jim in AuGres

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Jim,I don't know about winter yet but this sure is a nice fall!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

Thanks for the OCF video Don. Very, very nicely done! I would really like to contact the owner of that red Hupmobile Model 20. Looked like a '10 or '11 model. Anybody know him? One of these days I need to go to that. Isn't it just 35 acres and did anybody feel crowded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Thanks George, I believe the entire grounds is around 100 acres. There are many back roads to drive on and it is actually a country farm setting nestled in there. The show itself is busy but I have never felt crowded or squeezed unless standing in line around lunch time. They are masters at organizing they whole thing and driving your car around the grounds is really easy..slow at times but everybody is enjoying the event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:30 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:53 am:

Are there not any other videos out there?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Bump bump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

Bump This.......

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

What are the 2016 dates for Old Car Festival
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

OCF is always the weekend AFTER Labor Day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

What an absolute, "Bud" hole!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

BUMP!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 07:50 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:18 am:

bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:45 am:

Why keep bumping it Bud?
Very cool video, but I think most of them who has the ability (no dial up) and interest to look at it has done so by now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Roger,I guess i really do not know except maybe it's the same as posting the same links over and over?? I know it bothers willis jenkins who i do not think i have ever met?? The first link lets you also see other past years and i'm sure there are people who have never seen or attended?? I would think if there is a problem our moderater would chime in?? Good to hear from you Roger! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Bump!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 09:58 am:

There are only 315 days and 8 hours to the next Old Car Festival. Get ready.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Amen to that Tom!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Ah,The first day of winter! Thank's again Don for the gift that keep's on giving! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 08:10 am:

You are too funny Bud, and I'm glad you enjoy the video. I admit I have to watch it about once a week just to rejuvenate my current restore jobs. Wishing you and all the forum members, the Old Car Festival workers and all other Model T enthusiasts a warm and wonderful Christmas !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:09 am:

I just watched this again. I've never been to the OCF, so I have to go. Next one, I hope. Lots of swell cars, and I'd like to get a look at the train that's heard but not seen in the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Steve: If you're a train fan, you have to see their restored 1890's Baldwin. It is one of the finest and most rare in the US. I dont think they run it though, and am curious whether somebody here knows why not.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Scott,Is that the locomotive that you can go down the stairs and walk under? The working roundhouse is open for a at your own pace walk through and if your there at the right time they might use you to power the turntable!! I have seen the big steam crane ran once but i'm not sure how often they do it?? I have in the past seen people get a cab ride but i do not know the who or how of that.A pair of Roundhouse Bib's might help as being dressed for it? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

Don,Funny? About 5 years ago we were in the shoe race at the car games and my ringer the grandson would not run!! Well being old and fat i'm sorry to say i run like a 3 legged dog!! Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration