OT - More Benson Library and OCF finds and pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - More Benson Library and OCF finds and pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

In June 1909 the Ocean to Ocean race began from New York City. A Ford 6-40 led the procession with Ford dealer F. W. Teves driving and the race official, John H. Gerrie riding:

Is this a photo photo with Gerrie at the wheel?

Side by side comparison:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

Rob.....Great comparison! Carol could pass for F. W. Tevis easily... :-)

Nice picture, BTW.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Well Keith it was nice knowing you!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Looks like somebody may make that motorhome his permanent home!! Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Look at the left ear. In the right photo he has an ear lobe that rises. I do not see that in the left photo, so I would say different people.

You think she will let him keep the pickup, or tell Keith all he gets is the truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Jerry,If there is a sale,i want dibbs on that presto-lite tank!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Sorry Guys, I meant CARL.....no "O" in it!!!

BTW, don't any of you tell Carol, or else. :-(

Now, lets get back to the main topic....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

Keith, you "sniffed it out." It is indeed Carl Pate. The first time I saw the photo of the K taken in NY, I thought Robert Gerrie, the passenger, bore a striking resemblance to Carl. Carl is the author of "Pate's Early Ford Automobile Encyclopedia." Carl was kind enough to pose with our 6-40 by the train depot at OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Rob, You didn't think you could fool us with this, did you? :-)

It is a nice comparison though.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

I think Carl P needs a framed blowup of that sepia toned photo for his wall!
The car looks fantastic! I did wonder what was with the fuzziness at the back of the car? Now I know. Rob, you be sly! The effect on the three visible car tires was excellent however.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration