Towncar at the Old Car Festival

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Towncar at the Old Car Festival
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

Does anyone know who owns the Black Towncar at the Old Car Festival License #1245 and does anyone have good photos of it?

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Note to Don:
The 1915 Towncar belongs to Bill Praus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julie Praus on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

Don,
Bill Praus passed away in 1991. The car now belongs to his son, Tom. This was the first time in 30 years that the car has been at the OCF. We had a great time and hope to do it again.
J Praus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

Is this the former Dwight Madsen town car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

Julie,
I saw that car 30 years ago and that's what made me look till I found ours!
I was not aware that Bill had passed ---Sorry for your Loss,

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

Yes - former Frank Kelly, Dwight Madsen towncar.

There are photos of it on the forum.

Farmington, MN 2010:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/145557.html?1276657154

One photo here - Rochester, MN meet in 2011.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/225523.html?1311818391

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:59 am:

These photos were taken by Caspar Ness at the OCF in 1965 of Dwight's car:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Royce:

The photos you posted are not of the Minneapolis town car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Erik,

They were sent to me by Casper 10 years ago saying that they were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Trust me - it's not the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

Royce,
Eric is right, the photos show Roy Lovegrove's Towncar of Swartz Creek,MI Serial #890254

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Either way I still miss Casper and Dwight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Yes that is Roy Lovegrove's car it is now in the James Finney collection. My father and I have two of Roy's former cars and it was still on the farm when we were there in the early 90's. It was a regular car at the OCF back in the day.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration