Picture size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Picture size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

what is the best way to get pictures to upload need to be smaller? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

http://www.irfanview.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Here's the one I'm using now:
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:49 am:

Windows or Mac? If it's a Mac, you have the software built in. Make a copy and keep the original full size in case you need it again. Open the copy and click Tools, then click Adjust Size. That gives you this.

Adjust Height until the Resulting Size is 250 KB or just under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 07:43 am:

If it's Windows you also have software built in. Right click on the picture and open with either Paint or Microsoft Office. I prefer the Microsoft Office product, it is self explanatory after you open it and click the button "Edit Picture".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Steve, by any chance have you figured out why, when we resize on a MAC and close out the pic and then go back to it to post, it's actually still larger? I've had to go back and re-resize several times in order to be able to post a pic, even though it said it was, for example, only 175Kb and yet was still too large in actuality to post! Very frustrating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Tim, I have no idea why the Get info feature or Preview shows a larger file size, but it shouldn't matter as long as Resulting size has the right number. At least that's been my experience. Example: The preview shows this file as 279 KB, over the limit. But Resulting size shows it as 235 KB, well under the limit, and it posts with no trouble.

I always go by the Resulting size number and ignore the larger Preview number. So far so good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:19 am:

I save high resolution pictures out of my camera with a title. When I re-size the picture for posting I make it four inches wide and add an e to the title for email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:51 am:

I noticed that Dan Treace always seems to have the right photo, and (even more impressive) he's able to find it. So I made an index to help me find things. A lot of subjects can be described at least two ways so I have one index with subject list #1 alphabetized and another (#2, not shown) with subjects stated differently and also in alphabetical order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 04:39 pm:

Steve, that's seems to be what's happening with me, re the "resulting size"...I'll shrink it way down, to like even as low as 160Kb and it'll still end up throwing me out, I'll go back and check the preview, and it's up over 250....once the weather gets crappy in a month or so, I'll sign up for another one-on-one session at the Apple store and have one of their brainiacs help me figure out what in the heck I'm doing wrong!
Thanks for your advice too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Tim: I have to safe the picture that has been resized as a seperate file/picture and then load that into MTFCA. See if that works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

Hmmmm, Chuck, that sounds like an idea! I'll try it! Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

here we are still jumping & jumping !!! nobody else douse this!!!.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 02:19 am:

Steve, you can also just change the Resoloution and it will do the same thing as per Martin Vowell. That's how I've been doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:11 am:

If using an iPhone use an app called SimpleResize.

S

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration