What is the correct colour plug wire for Ts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is the correct colour plug wire for Ts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

There may not be one. All the Ford prints say is "insulation (to be) 20% pure rubber, hard dyed and glazed cotton, oil resistant varnish." No color is specified and the Releases have no further information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:31 am:

The vendors have different colors for different years. I wonder what info that's based on?

https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=spark%20plug%20wires&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

The brown plug wire the suppliers sell looks nice, but the black with red tracers and the orange with black tracers looks from a much later era.

I've found another option. These guys sell a 9mm black coloured plug wire with no tracers for $2 a foot. A solid black colour will also perhaps hide it's age better.

http://www.marxparts.com/spark_plug_wire_and_fittings.htm

In the close up photo it looks a greenish-black so I wrote to supplier and he replied:

"The 9MM black spark plug wire I have does not have green in it. The resolution for the picture on our website was a bit high which gave it a hazy green tint. ... The appearance of the wire will differ a bit depending upon the batch. This spark plug wire is a stranded copper core wire with a PVC insulator covered by a lacquered cloth braided covering. This wire is what you might call a satin black as a lot of the cloth shows up unlike the glossy black wire that has almost not cloth showing."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration