Firdy panel is on!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Firdy panel is on!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 11:23 am:

The cowl panel on my D & F roadster is on. It is good to see some real progress. cowl

The curved timber across the top is original, the rest all replaced. Even with all the bracing I fitted to keep things positioned correctly, the original doors do not fit. It is no great loss, as they need rebuilding anyway.

I was pleased to find making the new panel was not as difficult as I imagined it to be. I made a cardboard template first, traced that onto the sheet and cut it out with cutting disc on my angle grinder, not having a nibbler. Next panel will not have so much left at the edges as insurance against miscalculations. It took more time than it was worth to trim it back proir to beating the edges to conform with the timberwork.

Next job is to fit the o repaired original corner panels to the turtledeck.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Ohhh that's look'n good !!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration