Ford shop coats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford shop coats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Does anyone know where you can buy one of those tan or blue long shop coats/dusters with the Ford logo on it? I don't know if they are still making them or not, but I think it would be cool to have a vintage looking duster to wear when driving my '14 T with my leather gauntlets and straw hat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Bill,

The tan ones and some of the blue ones, were made by Vintage Shop Coats, but no longer are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Google steampunk clothes, some are quite reasonably priced, it's changing times! Mgh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

The simplest and least costly approach is probably to buy the coat for the best price you can find, then get the image from the internet and have a local embroidery shop make the patch. Coat prices will range from bargain to outrageous, and so will the embroidery. It pays to shop around. Sportsman's Guide was selling Czech military surplus coats for $9, but the last time I czeched they were out. My patch cost $10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Steve, where did you get the tan coat from? Is that the military surplus you were talking about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

you can order them from here but you must create an account to do so $9.95 for medium to $12.95 for extra large.
http://www.swisslink.com/products/coats_parkas_jackets/czech_army_coat-36-14/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

Bill, Gentleman's emporium has good repo vintage cloth. I do not know if they have the coat, but they are worth visiting.

You can ask them to make you one.

I got their web site off the model t coil doctors web site or link - forget?

I bought a handlebar mustache and round clear glasses to wear while driving the car!

http://www.gentlemansemporium.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

Sportsman's Guide was selling a three pack of Czech shop coats for 19 bucks at one time. I have three of them! lol

They are Czech Military Motorpool Shop coats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

they no longer have them, AND the sizes were catch as catch can. A large was actually a medium and if you wash it, it would never fit you again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

The coat from swisslink is not the same thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Shop Coat or Duster.
http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/003927.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 12:13 am:

Yes, my coat was one of those 3 for $19.95 deals from Sportsman's Guide. With shipping it was about $27, or $9 a coat. If they ever have those coats again, I'll get three more.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration