Replacement windshield glass... where to get it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Replacement windshield glass... where to get it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Codeglia on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Does anybody happen to know what the factory torque value is for tightening the four lug-nuts, on the 1923 "clincher" demountable rims?

I've just installed a new set of bolts and nuts from Lang's, but am not sure how much torque to use when tightening them...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

Bob

No torque values were ever made for the Model T or any car in the twenties, no torque wrench invented yet.

So use the Ford tool for tightening. Just snug it tight, don't strong arm that nut, as you can bend the lug on the rim.

Tool to use is the 'T' spark plug wrench, the other end if for head bolts and rim lug nuts :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

I usually go to my local auto glass shop t get the laminated safety glass cut to size. Installation is easy. As far as i know, you don't need to torque the glass at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Codeglia on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 02:55 am:

Thanks to all for the information!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration