Looking for 12-24 Oval Head Robertson Machine Screws

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for 12-24 Oval Head Robertson Machine Screws
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

To anyone, but more specifically to Canadian Model T owners:

I have found replacements to all of the Robertson screws with one exception: #12-24 x 1/2" oval head machine screws to mount the door straps. I have called the Robertson company, McMaster, Fastenal, McFeely's, Huyck, and Tacoma Screw - none of them have a screw with these specifics.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

Try Chaffin's Garage in "Califunny"
Happy Days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

None of the Model T vendors carry Robertson screws, especially what I am looking for. It would be nice if they did carry a nickel-plated interior trim set. I found some stainless steel ones that I will polish up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin in South Africa on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

Hi Jim,

I would try S&S Fasteners in Ambridge, PA. If they don't have it, and they can't source it, Chris will make it for you..

Hope this helps,
Justin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

Just got mine from of the shelf at hardware store in Cochrane, Alberta while on the National Tour in July. They still use and sell them up there, stainless steel, too, to look similar to nickel plated. Don't know why it is so hard for us to get them here! You can also contact Lee Schubert here on the forum, he still has some nickel plated ones left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Restoration Supply Company in Escondido California lists a 12 x 24 x 1/2 stainless oval head machine screw, however the drive is slotted, but this would hold the strap until Robby comes along. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration