Looking for Chadwick Bros lights - this was my great-grandfather

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for Chadwick Bros lights - this was my great-grandfather
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leslie Smith on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

I've been trying for some time now (years) to get my hands on an original Model T Chadwick Bros. Brass Lantern. This was my great-grandfather's company and my grandfather (Robert A. Chadwick) worked in the business as a young boy. Trying to find one as a gift for my mother Laurel Chadwick, if anyone has an idea where to find one. I really don't care what condition it's in "as is" is fine. Thanks very much for any assistance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

Ken Findley has one per this previous thread

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/496465.html?1416813825

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

I have been trying to find a Chadwick Bros.,tail light for our 1909 Model T touring.No Luck yet.You see the odd parking light for sale at flea markets.Anyone have a tail light for sale ?
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Scott,
I have also been looking for Chadwick Headlights.
I have a Mint Pair of Atwood-Castle #83 I would trade

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Don,
Are you looking for the Ford script headlights.I have only seen one pair of Ford script headlights,& they are on our 1909 T touring.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Scott,
YES, that is what we are looking for.

Buick's also had Chadwick Lights

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

I understand that McLaughlins (Canadian Buicks) and Canadian EMFs also had Chadwick side lamps and head lamps.

Other cars may have had them - either factory installed or aftermarket.

Suggest you also post want ads on the HCCA and AACA websites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saunders on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:02 am:

Yes Eric you are right my 1911 McLaughlin Buick Model 27 Touring has Chadwick Bros. lights made in Hamilton ON. They are exquisite lights Leslie that your family made in those days. I believe I even have a Chadwick search light for the speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leslie Smith on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 09:13 am:

Thanks John Saunders, there are only a couple that exist in the family with stories (I have pics) hence why I'm trying to find one for my mother...don't care about condition, just really want her to have one as the sole surviving female Chadwick. Thanks for the posting tip Erik Johnson...and hello to Don Watson (Yes I am still looking 3 yrs later!!)...if someone ever sees one at a flea market - I would be most grateful for the information to purchase....I'll keep checking this board to see if any show up. Thanks all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saunders on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

I will check Leslie and see if I have any lamps that I could possibly part with, no promises.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leslie Smith on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Thank you John Saunders, most appreciated, with thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Leslie,
Have you found a light yet ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

I have a brass Chadwick Brothers driver's side lamp made in Hamilton Ontario Canada 1908. The burner is complete, glass is good, brass is in good condition. It is 95% complete the red reflector is missing. I separated the side plate that holds the reflector in search of a replacement but I had no luck. The plate is very easily soldered back together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 06:21 am:

Leslie,
Email me if you haven't found one yet.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Just curious, because I do not know. Is there any relation between Chadwick Lamps and the Chadwick Automobile? Not a close personal friend, but I know a fellow that has one of the handful of surviving Chadwick Automobiles.
Besides, this will kick you back to the top.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration