White tire purchase question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: White tire purchase question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

I bought white tires with thread a few years back. They arrived with dry rot. I never complained or sent them back which was my fault.

I am going to buy another set to have delivered to Hershey.

Is there a way to find out when they where made? In other words, is there a time frame when I should not buy them, i.e. if they are 1, 2, 0r 3 years old?

Thank you in advance. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

All white clincher tires are made in Vietnam at the same factory, I think. There have been problems with the rubber mix so some batches can get cracks in months, while others holds up fine. Seems to be a crap shot - send them back if they're bad and if they're good I think there may be a good chance they'll stay good for years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

Robert, I Just PM You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Currier on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

The tire on the right is 12 years old and stays white. The left tire is a year old and wont re-whiten.... the photo is 2 mnths old and the left tire is now a dingy brown..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Currier on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin - Brea, Calif. on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

It's possible that's the "gray" tires that we see in old photos....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

RVB, I sold the car years ago and plan on buying new ones at Herhsey. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

David,

Are those on the right Wards Riversides? I purchased a set of those a year ago that are still in the wrapping.

Thanks,
Mike Hanson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Currier on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

Mike, Yes the dingy colored tires are the Wards Riverside.. They have a one year warranty on the color..... They gave me three options for warranty... A new set of whites....A new set of blacks...or money back on the on the ones I have now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

What happens with the warranty on tires? If they replace them then I'm sure they would want the old ones back or some people would just keep them. Shipping the old tires back would be costly unless they pay for that. I bought a black Universal tire a few years ago that cracked real bad real quickly a few years ago but as little driving as I do I figured it would be OK but if I paid 300 a piece for a set of whites that turned yellow I'd be upset. Then the dismounting, packing and shipping?, then mounting the replacements. Lot of trouble.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration