To change bands in 24 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: To change bands in 24 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

is it easier to pull engine or pull the hogs head from inside to change bands?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Tyrone, I changed the bands on my '25 coupe through the inspection cover. I had never done it before and it just took a short afternoon including removing the bands, straightening and relining them with Kevlar, reinstalling and adjusting them. It IS messy and requires some contortions, but for me was much easier than removing the hogshead. I also had the service manual close by.(it is much dirtier now than before!) JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Thank you Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

It is a contortionist job to be doing it sort of sideways when changing the bands in a closed car. I was bent like a pretzel doing it in my 24 Coupe.
Even taking the doors off helps but you don't have to do it.
Taking the front cushions out will give you a little more bending room. And don't forget to remove the ignition key!

Stuff the transmission full of rags to fill up the places where you might drop nuts or washers.

Being a T owner you probably know this but its a good reminder to do this. It will save you much grief.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration