Pickers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Pickers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

did the american pickers score one last night buying a 1911 touring along with a model A for under $20000.00?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

wasn't that a re-run? Sounds kind of familiar, but yes they did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Yes, it's a re-run and it's the HARDEST one to watch! I'm glad they make a living bringing things back to use, but MAN, why can't I find something like that?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

What they didn't show you was after the show,they had to give it back.They are a couple of cheap Ba@%&*$ds. The whole show is scripted,so I quit watching .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

Weird though, we all watch for cars coming to the market like wolves, especially early cars. The pickers t never seemed to come up for resale? Guess they could rename the show rich collectors? Or do they really buy anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

They shot one episode at Ardeens place. He loves those guys and says the episode is a good depiction of his negotiations with them. They bought the stuff and made a friend in the process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

I have visited their store in Nashville several times taking friends who visit us that ask to go and most everything in the store I have watched them buy on their show... what I don't understand is they will look all day at someone's stuff and only leave with four or five items.... But it is all staged with cameras and a crew who has all ready set up before they arrive....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Mike Wolfe is paid 500k per season. His little buddy receives 300k per season. They also get bonuses depending on the ratings. Its all scripted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

They tried to set up and visit a friend of mine, who has a huge collection of cars and tons of great automotive signs, lamps, parts and gas stuff. The first thing is they want everything way below market. The actually wanted to salt his collection with some of his better items, so they could "find" them. And they wanted the final price decided before the cameras started rolling.

The prices they offered were an insult and my friend just ran them off his property. Interesting you see them driving that sprinter but in real life they are driven in large custom motor homes and only drive the sprinter for effect.

On an earlier show the short fat bozo damn near broke his leg getting at porcelain bread sign, throwing 30x3-1/2 Houk wire wheels out of the way. When they panned back on a beam above were the hub caps and the hubs hanging from nails. In the same basement was an early brass touring, and no interest in either the set of wheels or the car.

If you remember the same guy paid some 5 grand for rusted out 40's Plymouth coupe that they had one hell-ov-a-time selling.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

I think that show where they find treasures in storage buildings is scripted bs also. My friend owns some storage buildings and when people don't pay the rent he has to get their stuff out. I help him sometimes, never a treasure just junk to haul to the dump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

they aint coming to my place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 07:54 am:

Hmm, all I know is that I saw their sprinter van two years ago as it pulled off into the parking lot of a little country shack along the eastern shore of Maryland. They both got out. By the time I got turned around, hoping to meet them, they were back in their van and up the road. Never did catch up to them. No cameras, no big RV's, etc.

It's always kinda funny how inflamed people get just talking about it every time it comes up on the forum. Maybe they should just stick to the conspiracy show reruns on the history channel instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Who cares if it's scripted, what isn't?!?! I enjoy seeing what they "find", regardless. I don't get US tv here (don't watch much anyway) but I miss that show. Damned tough to run a business buying high and selling low.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Charley, they'd probably want to see pics first :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

Dan & Gary - Appreciate your comments. I agree,....I don't get why so many have the "hatred" for a show like "American Pickers" like they do. Of course it's "scripted". It's television! But it still shows the variety of "good stuff" that's laying around in people's attics, basements, barns and such.
The TV shows that I just can't quite see are some of these stupid "reality" shows. Reality it ain't! You just know that there a dozen or more camera crew people and such there that are living in fancy RV's and are certainly "NOT" eating bugs and worms and such!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

I agree it's cool to see the kinds of items that people have stored away, but it does piss me off to see the cheap prices that they pay for such things. Especially, that little cheap prick! I realize its scripted, but still..........

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

I totally agree with you Harold! My biggest problem with Pickers is my own jealousy! What a great job to have! My problem would be I would never want to re-sell my finds.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration