Does anybody recognise this T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Does anybody recognise this T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Palin on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 08:09 am:

Does anybody recognise this T or it’s presumed owner/restorer?

I recently purchased a T in the UK and would like to find out a little more about the recent history of my car if possible.

Paperwork that came with the car indicates that it last changed hands in Keene NH during March 2015, the new owner gave an address in Cape Coral FL but the car shipped to the UK shortly after it changed hands.

The photo above came with the car, in another photo this T is carrying the number ‘21.469’ with ‘Mass. 1917’ in smaller text on the plate, the Massachusetts link is confirmed by the find of a modern blue/silver foil Mass. RMV VIN tag on the inside of the cowl hidden behind the drivers side trim panel.

The T is now kitted with many visible extras – Z Head, Water Pump, Rocky Mountain Brakes, True-Fire Ignition, the list goes on, a quick check on the engine and gearbox internals after the starter bendix failed found more new parts wall to wall. Someone was a very good customer at one of those well-known north-eastern US parts shops!

Cheers, Bob, Darlington - England.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Hi Bob

I'm also from the UK, mid wales (have a 22 runabout), this is a great forum, some of the knowledge and connections with people who have owned them is amazing.

Might also be worth uploading any other pictures you have along with a picture of the car as it is now as may jog other memories if was completed before you bought it.

From my experience finding out history is very hard on T's if does not come with a background, but looks like you have a useful start :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration