Adjusting Reverse Band

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Adjusting Reverse Band
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Ok again simple question.

I needed to adjust the bands after a while driving my T, I have been able to adjust the bands for forward and brake but reverse is nearly impossible for access, is there a special tool, or am I missing the obvious?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Pressing on the pedal with your hand will move the nut to the left so you can get a grip with your "T-1917" marked spanner from Ford :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 09:38 am:

If you don't have the spanner that Roger mentions, or one of the ratchet wrenches that were made for this task. Take an 11/16" open end and make a bend at the end, you still need to press the pedal to get the wrench on. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Thanks for the advice guys, I dont have the t-1917, so off to find a suitable 11/16!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 10:07 am:

You can use any ordinary 11/16" wrench. Push the pedal forward, hold the nut with the wrench so that it does not turn, and let the pedal come back towards you to loosen the band.

To tighten the band do the opposite. No special tools are required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 10:23 am:

As mentioned, a Ratchet Wrench works great without having to press on the pedal. Make sure the locking washer is still functioning. The washer has a raised tip. You should feel it pop into place every 180 degrees. If not, it will need to be replaced.
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3415.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

I will get on to this in the morning, I continue to learn as I go along really enjoying the ownership 😀

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration