OT - Non Ford demountable wheel for identification.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Non Ford demountable wheel for identification.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Hi all. I'd like to identify the wheel below. I'm sure the hub will give it away. Can you tell me what it suits?

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Anybody have any ideas?

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Star??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Model T Ford of course!!

I am thinking the wheel is Hayes No.100 which came on:
Ford Pass. Part 1919-26
Ford Truck, Part (front) 1919-25
Briscoe All 1921-22
Chevrolet 490 (open) 1922-23
Overland 4,4A, 91 1922-23
Star All 1922-23
Part- some of the vehicles produced
Pass.- Passenger cars
open- open cars as opposed to coupes and sedans

Andrew, I guess your real question is...What is the hub?
Star is possible but Overland is more likely, especially if it has ball bearings and the flange comes off to the inside ( which it appears to do).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

Fantastic! Thank you Jack and Layden.

Andrew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

I forgot to mention that SAE Society of Automotive Engineers standardized the dimensions of the hub so the wheel is exactly the same on all those applications just the hub would be different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

Thanks Layden. I hadn't considered that I he wheel itself might be the same as model T. I couldn't see past the hub! If it had been a wire wheel I would have asked you first. I didn't realize your knowledge extends to wooden wheels too. Thanks for the great information.

Andrew

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration