There Are Still A few Good Guys Out There, Read.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: There Are Still A few Good Guys Out There, Read.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

About 1 1/2 months ago I bought a brand new reproduction coil box switch base for my 1914 from Lang's. When I received it I was very pleased with the way it looked but after trying to install the base it was very clear that there were many problems that prevented it's installation and they could not be easily fixed. I called Lang's and talked to Steve Lang, I told him the problems. He said to mail it back and they would try to correct the situation. I was sent another which was slightly better but still unusable. Steve then contacted his supplier (a member of this board) who sprung into action and immediately made a new and improved mold which corrected every problem with the old one. I was immediately sent the new part directly from the manufacture. It is absolutely perfect and fits like a glove. It is so good to see a manufacture stand behind his work and correct any problems with no questions asked. If you are thinking about buying one of these for your car do not hesitate. I'm sure the defective parts have been replaced at the dealers and you will receive a part you will be proud to use and display on your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Nice to know, thanks Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 10:07 am:

Maybe the board member/manufacturer who reacted so quickly could benefit from some good press as well?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 10:13 am:

He already has! Thanks for the kind words Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Thank you Paul for being on the problems. It is people like you (and Langs) that make our projects more fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Larry,

I was referring to the manufacturer, not the vendor (Lang's). Or did I miss something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Maybe I read too much into the thread, but I suspect that Larry is the manufacturer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

I KNOW THIS IS ON CAPS LOCK! You have to give Lang's and the Manufacture a big round of applause for his efforts. I say Three cheers for both-cheer-cheer-cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

Gentlemen: Once again, thanks to Paul for the kind words! Me and my partner have been making T reproduction T parts for about 15 years. Yes, we are the manufacturers. We do NOT sell retail. Our aim is 100% satisfaction. If we can't do it as good as Ford, we don't do it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

I have nothing but good things to say about Lang's.

A few months ago my son and I picked up a few things from them and Don spent about a half hour showing us around.

Yesterday I ran into a problem while installing my new motor and called Lang's. Steve Lang went out of his way to help me.
He also spent about a a half hour talking about his salt lakes racer (actually co-owned by him and his dad).
I felt like I was part of the family.

They are great people!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

Good deal, Larry.....and of course, Lang's too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Thanks Larry, Langs, and Paul! It is great to have folks that want the parts made correctly. We really appreciate it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Sorry Larry, I guess I should have mentioned that you are the manufacture.
Paul

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration