26 TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Looking for pictures of stake bed.to see what I am missing.on metal base.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 11:01 pm:

Here's one someone posted a few months ago to show the side with stakes. Also, someone fairly recently had one listed on the MTFCA classifieds that may help you see one with no wood. Do you think you're missing part of your bed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Friday, September 18, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Kenny,
Go to the classifieds, search (ctrl F)for bed, then see stake bed for sale on Aug 18th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:33 am:

I have two stake bed TT's. What do you want to see pix of ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 08:40 am:

The brackets to the frame.if there is.i don't have just holes in bed frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

I'll go get some pix for you ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 12:24 am:

This is the front one:

... and this is the rear:

If you need more detail, just specify what you need to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Thank you.what is the wood going under bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Do you mean, what species of wood ? ... or something else ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 10:19 am:

The last picture has looks like 2x2 block then bolt with 2x4 with frame in middle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 10:35 am:

This may only refer to the 24-5 models, but are the bed strips on a TT convex in the center like the '25 pickups are?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 01:07 am:

The lower "block" is a steel "channel iron" piece, riveted to the frame. It is integral to the spring mounts.
I suspect this is a standard issue TT frame part. If you look carefully, you can see the nut on the end of the
bolt there. At the top is a 2x3 hardwood block with an elongated steel "washer" that crosses to the other
side to catch the second bolt on the other side of the bed frame rail.

Yes, the bed strips have a "ribbed" design with the outer edges raised and a depressed flat center. For
reference, my trucks are 25 and 26.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration