How to Tighten the Top to the Body on Improved Closed Cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How to Tighten the Top to the Body on Improved Closed Cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 11:50 am:

I didn't want to, But I had to pull off the top To replace the welding at the base, which was quite worn.When I went to pull out the staples some of the wood lifted off the body at the back of a car.How does one go about tightening the wood back to the body? Also, What type of wood is used? Looking at a YouTube video of an earlier car, I would think that it would be alder. Can anyone please confirm this? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Jim, last one I did, not correct but I took rear upholstery out and ran screws from the bottom up. Problem solved provided the wood is still solid.KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 06:04 am:

There are some fantastic marine products that could be used depending on the condition of the wood. It is possible to repair the wood to better than new strength without replacing it. I'm not going to get in to details because some of the forum members can get rather nasty and I don't need the grief. You can PM me and I will walk you through some options. I've repaired wood boats my entire life and know what works and what doesn't.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration