Auction cancelled: Too much stuff

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Auction cancelled: Too much stuff
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

I was going to shop for Model T parts, and maybe some tools if there were any, but this morning when I talked to a friend who helped with organizing the goods he said the auctioneer backed out because it was too big for him. That's a new one to me. If there's too much stuff for one auction I wonder why they didn't break it up into two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

Ditto Mark's answer.??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

Maybe the auctioneer wasn't using enough buyer's premium to make it worth his while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Stan Howe to the rescue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Nobody goes there anymore; its too crowded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Maybe the auctioneer considered it all to be junk and was going to take to much of his time to sell with little financial return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:13 am:

Steve, do you have any information on where these parts would be? Maybe we can get in touch with the owner and help shrink down the inventory to a manageable auction size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:34 am:

just call frymiller.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:18 am:

I'm with John & Frank. Looking to get out of a bad deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 11:39 am:

The first sale from this collection was in August last year. Van der Brink sold off several acres of cars, trucks, tractors, and parts. Some of the vehicles were complete, but most were projects and parts cars.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/471808.html?1408538334

The second sale was last May, by the same outfit that cancelled sale three.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/545768.html?1433086178

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

hes a hard guy to have a auction for, there was a lot of stuff listed on the first sale, that never made it to the auction, he refused to let her sell it, that could be part of why sale 3 was cancelled

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration