My vote for best buy of the year award: 27 Coupe $6K...maybe fitted with Ruckstell?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My vote for best buy of the year award: 27 Coupe $6K...maybe fitted with Ruckstell?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5197377644.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Constantine, You may be correct. Sounds like a very good deal, and I also think it has a ruckstell (or warford)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

And the "original Automatic transmission", Those ARE hard to find....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 07:40 am:

Isn't there a forum member in gresham Or? that would be in his backyard (at least it would be in mine if I were that close!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 07:56 am:

There are a few: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/292377.html?1339211950

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 08:08 am:

You will always find good deals where quality transport is hard to find.

The Pacific Northwest is a good area to buy any type of vehicle - getting a quality transport is a challenge.

Likewise so is Wisconsin & Minnesota.

Not much demand to haul cars into that area - you have to be able to drop off before you can pick up.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 08:19 am:

At least from here I can go to WI and MN and get 'em! Already done that twice!! Oregon, that's a different story. If not for the mountains, I'd try it though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Tim,

That is what I tell folks that call me.

Just got a call this morning from a guy wanting a haul from WI to PA.

Few folks want to pay unloaded miles to drive empty to go get a vehicle ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I saw that ad. I was going to write them and ask if they could take and post a photo of photos why they couldn't take real photos and post them.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 10:49 am:

You can have my 26 for that. Come and get it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

I just got back from looking at the car with two other local HCCA members. It's a numbers-matching '27 that hasn't been run in years. It's buried in a garage full of stuff, which explains the lack of good photos. (Yes, it has a Ruckstell.) The engine turns free, but they weren't prepared to start it. It has a sway-back NH with an interesting linkage. It's all black, with a poorly done kit interior. The top and headliner though, were relatively new and done very well. The body was really straight with just a couple of small wrinkles in the side bead of the right front fender.

The gotcha was the wheels - bad spokes all the way around. It looks as though they were painted at one point, the paint stripped, but the wood not re-sealed. There are splits everywhere.

That said, it would still be good to keep it out of the hands of the hot-rodders. I asked the owner to give me a call when he had it out and running.

- Bruce

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration