? re oil screen magnet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: ? re oil screen magnet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Here are three photos:

These are 3 different locations for the magnet. I say it doesn't matter where you place it or in what orientation.

What is your opinion?

Sorry for the fuzziness. I must have squirmed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 12:51 am:

I'm using Option #1 to leave maximum screen area for band lining fuzz. The magnet is mighty strong. I expect it will catch just as many ferrous particles there as it would down in the screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 01:22 am:

I like #3 best as I like the magnet and it holds best to the screen in #3. Probably no BEST way, I just like #3....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 07:20 am:

My screen has a smaller magnet. I run it in position #3 since it is about the size of a #2 pencil eraser and only .125 thick, it doesn't block anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:05 am:

I run mine in position #3, seems to work fine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I use #2 because the magnet was in a depression. But #1 looks interesting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leck - Ohio on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

My magnet is the large one, like the one pictured, and it is rather strong. I recently had my cover off to inspect and clean lint and was thinking about what the best position might be also. Positioned like in #2 seemed to leave the most screen exposed since the magnet bridged the trough. But then when I put the cover on the magnet snapped off the screen up to the cover. Then I put it back in the #3 position (as it was). Seems that there is always lint under the magnet, so maybe it doesn't make a difference which way it sits.

Position #1 is a way I never thought of, could still be effective. Makes me wonder, is the purpose of the magnet really only to collect small ferrous particles in the oil, or to catch hardware? If hardware ever got to the screen it may stay put anyway? Has anyone caught hardware on the filter screen magnet?

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin - Brea, Calif. on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

(Insert image of handful of misc. hardware in transmission screen here)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

My first ever check of the screen showed wood splinters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

I thought maybe you were out cutting the grass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:00 am:

Does look like Grass Dave, Wooden bands with the Brake looking well worn and working poorly. Didn't have a magnet when I opened it up for the first time so I made one up and fitted in position 3.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration