Syverson Bodied Pick-up/Depot Hack pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Syverson Bodied Pick-up/Depot Hack pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 03:27 am:

I am currently looking at timber bodies to put on a 1916 Chassis project I am working on with my son. We have identified that we would like to build the same style of pick-up body that was offered by Syversons back in the 80's. We are keen to make contact with an owner of one of these style bodies that would be happy to provide some pictures of construction and possibly some critical measurements. We have Franklin Mint Models that seem to have been built from the same body syle Syversons offered???
Thanks in advance. Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 04:04 am:

Warwick, sent you an email.

Ray Syverson is a forum user. His father started making these in the 1950s. Ray then took over from his father so he's the person to contact.

One for sale now in Canada:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1769215.html

Pity the price is not in C$, it's crashed this year like the Aussie $.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 07:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 07:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 07:38 am:

With Australian wood far superior than anything in Europe and North America plus a low Aussie dollar, perhaps someone can start producing these under the "Bushranger Bodies" brand and export them in kits to USA...

Think they would sell???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Here's a nice one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Open-Express-body-Model-T-Ford-Model-T-Model-A-Ford-Bras s-Era-Collector-car-/181869024421?hash=item2a583d14a5&vxp=mtr

The oak would be heavy, but since he builds them to order I expect he'd make one of poplar.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration