1909 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1909 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 03:54 am:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1774949.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 04:48 am:

If I were paying 60K for one I would not want one with hydraulic front brakes and a modern looking auxillary overdrive?? Does seem have all other nice early 09' features but missing a fiveball carby??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 05:23 am:

It does look very nice and the brakes do blend in, but I wonder what the theory is behind fitting every second pan nut&bolt upside down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

Seems the seller a bit liberal in the use of the phrase" all original"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

The license plate says it is a 1909, so it must be true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Was it just the 1908 model that had two brake handles? The second one was reverse if I remember right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Looks like one of Orville Enyeart's old 1909 Model Ts. He was known for making four-wheel hydraulic brakes and overdrive assemblies for Model Ts. He had assembled many 1909s that were built to be driven and was a well known member of the Long Beach Model T Club. I believe he was also a "King of the Hill" winner at one of the famous LBMTC Shell Hill Climbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

I remember Orville Enyeart from the MTFCA National Tour in 1974 in Dearborn, MI.

He was driving a '09 Roadster painted white. It had 4 wheel hydraulic brakes and and automatic transmission in it- I think it might have been a Ford C-4 transmission. That car ran incredibly smooth. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Marvin - even the first Model T's made in october 1908 were called 1909 models by Ford. About 300 cars were made in 1908, all with two levers, the change to the standard configuration with three pedals and one lever came in february 1909 at about number 750. Next big change came in April at nr 2,500 when the water pump was discontinued. The engine in the ad looks to have a number in the three thousands?
Ford had made about 8,100 cars by the end of the model year in July an about 14,100 by the end of 1909.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration