OT - Aussie forum guests in Lincoln, Nebraska

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Aussie forum guests in Lincoln, Nebraska
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:46 am:

We had the pleasure of enjoying dinner with several Australian dinner guests last evening. Doug Partington and John Page along with several of their mates are in Lincoln for a few days during their cross country tour. They had recently attended the Old Car Festival, Richmond IN, Craig Beek's shop in Moline IL, and many other stops. Doug is a member of the Speedster Hall of Fame and the group will visit the Museum of Speed at Speedway Motors on Monday. Three Lincoln area forum members Joined the group at one of the best known steak houses in Lincoln.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 11:19 am:

And I thought the only steak house in Lincoln had golden arches over it.

It's a great hobby that has no borders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

Rob:

Is that the steakhouse where I met your wife for diner?

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

I don't know, Tim, is it?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Actually, I believe we took you to the original location. This is the same one if it was "Misty's," however this location is within walking distance of the hotel our friends are staying at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Did you take anyone to the brewery to check out the bartenders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

No, however I thought it would be good to have Jerry along to let us know if anyone's cell phone was ringing........

:-)

(inside joke)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

My wife and I had dinner with Stan Howe at Misty's.
It seemed that it was different than this photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

Herb,
Probably the original location. It is in the Havelock area, or northeast Lincoln. It hasn't changed much since the 60's or 70's, and has a familiarity well known in the Lincoln area. It's where I proposed years ago (successfully). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

We had a great time with a fantastic group last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Excellent. Nice to hear you all had a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

Hi Rob.
Don't introduce Partington to anything else other than pies &peas or it will cost me a fortune when he returns.80.jpeg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Bob,
Doug says you will pay for pies and peas in Lismore when we visit...... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration