Floorboard Draft Deflector

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Floorboard Draft Deflector
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

I am considering installing a Floorboard Draft Deflector on my 15 touring. I assume that it is screwed to the bottom of the most forward floorboard.

Has anybody installed one? Does it make the floorboard harder/impossible to remove ? Effective ?

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

I just put on the floorboards of my '26 Touring. Works well. Now my legs don't get cooked driving on warm days. I had an original on my other Improved car to look at to make sure I had it installed correctly though. Just make sure your pedal travel isn't interfered with by the deflector.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 06:38 pm:

I installed one a couple years ago, just works ok. Don't expect a miracle! Mine needed a little bending & trimming for clearance. For summer i install a sheet of foil bubble insulation between the wood & rubber floor mat. I just cut slots for the pedals and this with the other draft deflector works great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 11:03 am:

They are being reproduced. Just make sure you get the '25 style. Originals aren't too difficult to find either. I just bought a NOS one from Bob Bergstadt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember seeing at least one original that was rivited through the floor board and the pedal trim on the top side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

I have this one left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

The original draft deflector is riveted. The original post says it will be used on a '15 which still uses the heavy floorboard trim, and wood screws. The late ones use a semi-tubular rivet which is 3/4" long and goes through the upper floorboard trim to the deflector and is riveted on the bottom side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

I found one of these in a box of parts that came with a '24 Touring I just bought, but had no idea what it was.

Can anyone show pictures of one installed in a car?

Sure would appreciate it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

Using the tip-out windshield, I can produce a regular hurricane inside the cab of my truck.
No issue with cooking legs or anything else. Perhaps this is different with cars, ... or long
body cars ??? Works like a champ in that box cab of a truck !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Deflector on my '24, original floorboards.

Have added some paint and a few ring nails over the years to keep 'em preserved :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Dan

Thanks for those pictures, I was curious about the mounting.

Any problems getting the top floorboard with the deflector in and out? Easy or Chinese puzzle ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:01 pm:

My trucks have that too. Floor boards go in and out easy enough.

I thought this scoop thing Bob showed was something else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Bud

Not too hard to remove that upper board with the shield. You do have to take out the middle one with the finger hole first, then its just a lift and twist to the right and the upper board shield clears the back of the pedals. Install the upper board first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:42 am:

Thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:03 am:

The photos tell just what I needed to know, thank you!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration