Non Model t distributor-What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Non Model t distributor-What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

I came across this and don't know what it is for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

V8 Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

'32-'41 Ford V8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Actually looks more like a 1937-41 Ford Flathead V-8 distributor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 02:35 am:

Will fit '32 to '41, can go up to '48 for that matter, just looks different.
Up to '35 there were three screws holding the coil to the distributor. '36 and later there were only two.
I have not changed a V8 distributor since June of this year. It was a '35.
The shop manual uses the term "real bitch" when it talks about changing the distributor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 08:11 am:

Changing the distributor on mine is pretty easy, but it's a V8-60 so there's more space between the engine and the rad. But I hate trying to sort out those caps and plug wires. Got an occasional misfire which might be one of them moving about.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration