Test Drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Test Drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOvM0f1ofRo&feature=youtu.be

Test driving after installing a screen set up. It leaked quite badly first time out.

I am still learning how to drive it (obviously)and need to remember to fully release the brake pedal while stopping.

Runs pretty good but I think I may have an exhaust valve not sealing all the time.

Still fun to drive though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Neat video, thanks for posting it!

I only caught a quick glimpse at the beginning of the video, but did you have a nut on the end of the steering shaft to hold the steering wheel on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

It's chugging right along - exciting, isn't it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

Mark,

Good eye...the answer - No but the column is already back on the bench to be disassembled cleaned and painted. The rust on the input shaft kept it pretty solid. lol

I just couldn't resist taking it for a short spin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Monday, September 21, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

Roger - Yes, it sure is.

I took my wife for a short drive and her comment was "I know we aren't going that fast but it seems a lot quicker than it is"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration