1912 timer rod drawing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1912 timer rod drawing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

I'm restoring a 12' Touring and have the correct timer rod swivel joint that goes on the bottom of the steering column. I do have the linkage rod, but it's really bent up and the threads are messed up where it would screw into the swivel joint. I measured and can buy the 7/32 rod and have a 12 -28 die to thread the rod. Does anyone have a drawing or good picture of what the original rod looked like? also does anyone know the correct type of 12-28 nut (plain hex or castle nut?) that went on the swivel joint? I see where it's drilled for a cotter pin. I also need the same info for the carb rod to the column. Thanks, any help is appreciated! Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Bob
According to the original Ford print the swivel and rod thread is 7/32-32.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

You may want to discuss this with John Regan. He will know about the type of nut and shape of the rod.
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Thanks Ron, you are correct, I measured again with a 10X loop! I did as you suggested and called John, he set me straight! Hope to see you in Hershey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 11:12 am:

I use a coil nut to lock the swivel in place after adjustment. I have one here that had vibrated to the point it will no longer hold the swivel on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Thanks Larry, I ended up getting some from Gail Rodda, he makes them from steel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration