Aux gearbox. Is it for a T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Aux gearbox. Is it for a T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 08:52 am:

Poor quality photo's but I need to id this box. Any one know what it is? Supposed to be from a T model but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 09:48 am:

The lock cyl makes me think it is not an auxiliary transmission, but rather the main transmission for a car. Can you determine the gear selections? Does it have a reverse?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Russell,

It's not for a T, and it's not an "auxiliary" transmission. It's from some teens or early twenties car, apparently one that used "rag joints" rather than universal joints, judging by the input/output flanges. That should be a clue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Thanks for that. It is described as a Model T aux gearbox but does not look like anything I have seen. I have asked for better photo's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Studebaker would be my guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 03:59 am:

Few more photo's

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration