Wizard Spark Plug

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wizard Spark Plug
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Does anyone know which number of Wizard (Western Auto) spark plug is the one for a Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Here a pic of my 21 Touring using Wizard plugs.
They are marked Standard and the no. 18. You the the no. 18 just behind the plug wire.

They work fine!plug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Thanks, John. I believe that's the same number as the Edison plugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

The Wizard of Menlo Park!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

The Wizard plugs I have are a 1 piece plug. I'm not sure if they were made in the T era.

I think they were a economy plug. They were in my Grandfathers 24 Coupe when I inherited it in the 50's.
My opinion is they were made in the 40's or 50's.

That's my opinion anyway.

Does anyone know if one piece plugs were made back in the 20's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Yes there were a lot of one piece plugs made during the Model T era, some even earlier. The Wizards you show above however are 40's/50's aftermarket items. I'll try and post a few pics of some early one piece plugs later.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

These boxes have a 50's look to them. (4th photo)
FWIW

http://www.indianamuseum.org/browse/index/searchcat/Land%20transportation

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration