Video of '15 Touring for Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Video of '15 Touring for Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

I don't know who this gentleman is, but he uses YouTube to describe his cars to prospective buyers. Unfortunately, I can't find contact information here. Anyway, it's a nice video of a Model T that looks to be in really good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSL26soXgvA&feature=em-uploademail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

That is one serious comb over!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

I've seen his videos before, I believe he's in or near Waterbury, Connecticut.

In this older video, he mentions a shop that does a lot of his work for him, "All Era Automotive" in Shelton, CT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq4J0zYhPZ8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

Water pump? Starter? What year engine? Top is wrong? Other than that it looks pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Spins like it's been converted to 12v.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

I noticed he slipped the kevlar bands quite a bit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

What's wrong with the top ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Are those 26/27 brake drums?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Dav, Rocky brakes.
Same question as Harry, what's wrong with the top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

Harry and Frank

Someone can correct me if I am wrong. This car is a 1915. If you look closely he used hideum welting and hideum tips on the front and back bows of the roof. This is wrong. Hideum welting is for much later cars. He should be using welt trim and tacks. The tacks look like black thumbtacks and are spaced about every 2 inches apart. Sort of like what you would see on a chair from an upholstery shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

I've never heard a bulb horn blow before. Is that how they are supposed to sound? Not very loud. I have one but don't have the the bulb,tubing or reed. His is upside down and I thought they went under the hood in 1915?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

Horn is to be under the hood on early 15 starter setup is ok but missing coil wires and it didn't start first turn so I will pass unless cheap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 12:50 am:

Like digital stills, shooting more video doesn't cost anything. If the car normally starts easy, he should reshoot to show it doing that, and not just say that it does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 07:18 am:

The horn should sound like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTRc0mCJ5QM

And it looks pretty silly mounted like that........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:02 am:

That's Joe Todaro...unless he's moved, he's down in way lower New York State, not far from NYC actually. I bought my very first antique car, my Model A, from him. Seems like a straight shooter. I believe he's sort of a "car-flipper". I'd be interested to see what he's asking for it, as my '15 looks as nice as that one, except far more correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Thanks for the horn video Royce. I figured it had to sound better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 09:33 am:

Some people you just like, right off the bat. _Every couple of months, this gentleman, whomever he is, shoots a video and presents a car for sale right out of his driveway and usually says something like, "... and the price will be below X-many dollars which, for this car, is a great buy." _And when I watch the video, that sure does seem to be the case. _He was asking less than 40-grand for a lovely looking 1931 Packard, and to my uneducated and naive eyes, that's a steal.

I wish I had 30 or 40-grand laying around, 'cause if I did, I'd buy a car, play with it a few years, sell it off for about the same money and buy a different car and play with that a few years, and just keep repeating the cycle. _And I think this is the kind of fellow from whom I'd like to buy. _He's got a very unpretentious, folksy way about him and I just love the cars he presents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Corey Walker, welcome back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

The car is on eBay too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-/111779894916?forcerrptr=true&hash= item1a0699d684&item=111779894916

Looks like the bottom of the front seat frame has been repaired, likely due to rust. Look at the row of rivets seen in the view of the back seat. Almost looks like a piece of angle iron is riveted to the bottom of the seat back?

Rear axle is the later type with reinforcements at the bottom. Upholstery is odd / incorrect but nice quality. Square felloe wheels on the front. 1914 tail lamp. Tractor Supply farm implement muffler. Suspect a non - working magneto since it has a distributor.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration