Any Idea what these belong to?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Any Idea what these belong to?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eva Smith-Furgason on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Hi there - my mom bought an old house and these two things were in there - they are windshields?
The word is that the owner had a really old car in the garage - Model T?
I know nothing about cars - but I don't want these to just go in the trash - where they may end up....Windshields?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eva Smith-Furgason on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

here is a full picturefull picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Model T closed cars used windshields with those fittings in the mid teens to the mid twenties. I have seen Couplets and centerdoors with those pull handles. Coupes may have used those too but the ones I have seen have round pull knobs. There are some experts here on the forum who could pin it down further if they pick up on this post.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Don't really know but look like they could be used for a wood bodied hack or truck. Don't throw them out some one can use them. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

The brackets do appear to be Ford. The center-door sedan I used to have had brackets like that. To find precisely which year/body style would require good measurements of width and height of each frame. Those measurements then could be compared to intact cars/bodies to see what they fit. There are minor size differences between some years and bodies. Also, different years used one handle, two handles, or knobs on the frames.
The '24 coupe I have now has brackets totally different than that. So I am guessing earlier sedans or maybe coupes.
They are not terribly valuable. But it would be really nice to get them to someone that could put them to good use. Windshield frames sometimes rust out badly even on an otherwise nice car. They can be a royal pain to repair. I know. I have repaired a few over the years.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 08:54 am:

Eva -- Yes, those appear to be windshield frames, and they appear to be from a mid-late 'teens Model T.

The first few years of Coupelets and Sedans (1915-18-ish) used those pull handles on the lower windshield. Later ones had a "finger-pull". "Later" began about 1919, I think. The top half of the windshield appears to be a set with the bottom one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

They look just like the ones in my 20 center door. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eva Smith-Furgason on Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Thank you everyone!
I will pass this info on to my mom - hopefully she will pass these along to someone who can use them!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration