Reintroduction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Reintroduction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Hello all!

I've lurked this board for about the past 15 years. I occasionally post on things, but usually just watch and learn.

I wanted to reintroduce myself as we are going to be headed to Piquette on Sunday for the Model T Birthday Party.

My name is Jason, I live just west of Dearborn in Wayne, MI. I have a wife, Vanessa, and two boys. Michael, the oldest, is 14, and his younger brother, Riley, who is 11. I work at Ford ATNPC as a prototype transmission build technician.

At this time, all I have is a 1919-1925 frame for a T I paid $25 for and had shipped to me from Texas. It still has a bit of the original paint on it. I did just purchase the plans for the "kitchen sink" engine that will be a project for the oldest and I this winter. I also have been graciously offered a Model T coil box for that same project.

I hope to meet a bunch of you Sunday. Thanks for a great learning tool and see you around!

JK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leck - Ohio on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Hello Jason, I can relate to your chronic lurking and occasional posting. I'm a newcomer and "younger" T enthusiast also.

My oldest boy and I visited Brent Mize last winter to have some coil work done and Brent showed us his kitchen sink engine. My son still asks about when we can build an engine like that. I didn't know there were plans out there for it. How do you get them?

Good luck with your project car. I opted for a driver to be my first T, but it cost a lot more than $25! It will be a wonderful experience for you and yours to look back on when your project is complete.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

Thank you John!

Contact Leon Ridenour at leonhfordone@gmail.com for "kitchen sink" plans. Or Google his name for a phone number if that's easier.

His plans include an instructional DVD, and are $44 or 10% off if you are a student, which it sounds like your son is. ;)

Take care!

JK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Welcome John, Jason, Michael, and Riley!
Model T Fords are almost magical in how they help their caretakers connect themselves with history and the universe. People that get into model Ts often find they develop a much better understanding of themselves, and their place in the world.
Drive carefully, and enjoy!
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 06:09 am:

Thanks Wayne!

And you are correct. The T research has lead down many diverse, interesting paths. Most totally unrelated to the T, other than the time period. ;)

JK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Welcome Jason,
Hope to see you (and any other forum members) at Piquette for the birthday party. I will be the one manning the games for the kids. Be sure too say hello.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration