Upholstery kits

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Upholstery kits
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

Who currently makes the best quality upholstery kits for a 1914? Or what makers should be avoided?---thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

1, Classtique.
2. Cartouche.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Bill, You are a man of a few words!

Which question did you answer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Both, in that order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

I have a Cartouche kit in my 27 coupe. I chose grey with white stripe. I had a professional upholster who has experience with classic cars to put it in. He said he had to make a few modifications but nothing that he had to charge extra time for. I am pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Harry, Get a good staple gun... DON'T try driving those tacks by hand. They bounce on the old hard wood... I used Cartouche on a 16 touring, seats and top. They went on fine. Follow the instructions and Take your time.. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

I am currently putting a new top on my 13 Touring that I purchased from Classtique. It is going far better than I thought it would. The videos from Classtique are a big help, and Mike has been helpful with questions. People in our club say the upholstery from Classtique is equally high quality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

I have bought kits from both Classtique and cardouche. cardouche is a Mac's product and IMHO they just don't give a damn about what they sell and send to you. Every thing I have purchased from Classtique has been spot on and they actually ask you questions about what you are doing so that you don't buy the wrong kit. Not so much from the other. When I called to complain the cardouche upholstery guy actually told me that the front bow wrap on my brass touring was hard to install so they did not include it in the top kit. So I guess we are supposed to put the top on without covering the front bow because it is to hard for us uninformed dolts to install!! As a result I will always buy my T&A Kits from Classtique. YMMV.

(Message edited by paulmikeska on September 26, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:26 am:

By the way I managed to do a good job of covering the front bow despite the fact that I was one of the mac's unwashed, uninformed, unable and nameless customers. Again YMMY but I doubt it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration