San Luis Obispo, CA Model T resources?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: San Luis Obispo, CA Model T resources?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Hello all,

I'm a student at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo. I just bought my first T, a 1926 coupe, about a month ago.

I am looking for some help from the T community on the central coast. I am not very well-versed in early Fords, so I am hoping to find someone near San Luis Obispo to come out and take a look at my car and give me some advice on what mechanical repairs to tackle.

I've already emailed Bob Tullock, president of the Central Coast Model T Ford Club, but haven't heard back yet.

If you know of anyone I should contact, let me know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

Michael, too bad you are on the wrong coast! Your profile picture reminds me of the first Model T that I bought in 1961 when I was a bit younger than you. It was a '24 coupe that needed everything but it was a great learning experience. Good luck with you project! Don't ever make the mistake that I made and sell it. To this day I regret selling that coupe in 1962 so I could buy a 1930 Plymouth. I still have that car and 7 other Model T's but my first Model T is the one that brings back the best memories!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Oh yeah, that picture looks good. So many years ahead of you! It seems only a few years ago I was that age driving my model T speedster and '29 REO to college (1970).
Corona is a little ways from you, but Chaffin's Garage there is a fantastic resource. Glen and Mark and Dave are all great.
I do not know who it is, but in one of the little towns right on the coast (South of San Simeon) one block off of Highway One used to be another antique automobile shop. The couple times I was in the area, it was closed, so I never met the owner, and do not have any more information than that.
There are a few forum regulars and a club chapter around Huntington Beach. They are a good and active group of people. Unfortunately, you missed one of the best. Ralph left us earlier this year.
I do know there are a few other people right around the SLO area, but I do not know them personally. One fellow I talked to a couple years ago seemed really nice and had just gotten a 1914 touring car. Keep yours eyes open and good luck! And welcome to the affliction!
Drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

Hi Michael...Many owners are over the grade lurking in Atascadero, Templeton, Paso Robles and even Adelaida. Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call.(Even a few of us are Cal Poly grads...just very old one's):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

I have a friend in Nipomo who knows a lot of T people in that area. His name is Robin Onsoien, and he lives on Pomeroy Road. He should be able to answer some questions for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:15 am:

I see your profile says Carlsbad. If you need some T help at home sometime, you'll find several Model T guys in the SD area.

Here's something you may find useful: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 01:35 am:

Ditto on what John S says. There is a Parade on Sat Oct 10 at 10 AM in Paso Robles. The local T club will be entered along with 2 local A clubs and at the beginning of the parade there will be 15-20 antique tractors, some of which are one of a kind.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:10 am:

Another guy you can try in Atascadero is Jeff Beaumont. He has a small antique auto repair shop on Business 101, and he owns a brass T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration