Strange hole in passenger door

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Strange hole in passenger door
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:37 am:

I might have shown this on the forum once before, but I do not think I received an answer then. The above hole is on the rear of the front passenger door. It is square and definitely looks like it was put there on purpose when the car was built. I could be wrong of course.

What is the purpose? Why is it there? Does anyone else have the same hole? Was it to hold a horn that had a square post on the bottom of it to hold it in place?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 01:27 am:

My tourings have the square hole for the steel support rod (round shaft,square end) for the side certain on all the doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:42 am:

Does anyone have a picture of the support rod for the side curtains like Frank has?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:53 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/7831ROD2.aspx

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:54 am:

Some of the 26-27 doors had a brass/nickled ferule there,but the holes were all square for the side curtin rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:27 am:

The side curtain on the right front door of my '15 is modified to open with the door, as are the side curtains on my '17 and '14. It saves a lot of trouble getting in and out of the car when you are on tour in bad weather.

Obviously not needed if you never drive your car except around the neighborhood on nice days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:33 am:

I have one of those sockets on the door of my 1924 cut-off pickup, but apparently it takes a uniquely shaped rod end, the improved car rod doesn't fit (I tried).

Does anybody have an extra side curtain rod made for the socket shown in Royce's pic? I only need one, thanks! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration