Marshall Ford, Oldest continuously operating dealership celebrates 100 on October 3rd.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Marshall Ford, Oldest continuously operating dealership celebrates 100 on October 3rd.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 06:37 am:

MARSHALL FORD

Established November 23, 1915

100th Anniversary Celebration

&

Town of Marshall Festival

Saturday, October 3 11:00 am to 4:00 pm

Marshall Ford is the oldest Ford dealer in the United

States continuously operating in the same location and

building.

Take I-66 to Route 15 in Haymarket and then follow

Route 55 to Marshall

*Marshall Ford will provide preferential parking for our Model T's and other vintage Ford vehicles.

Other Ford car clubs will be present - from T's to muscle cars and everything in between.

Bring a picnic lunch or dine at one of the local eateries.

Visit the numerous shops in Marshall.

Seven Virginia wineries will have booths set up on Main

Street.

An additional 25+ vendors -and crafters will also have

booths along Main Street.

Channel 5 will be broadcasting live from Marshall Ford

all day.

QUESTIONS OR TO CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION CONTACT:

Keith Randall: (703)862-2405

*Trailer parking is available BUT, you must coordinate with Keith in

Advance, if you are trailering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 07:36 am:

That sounds like it would be really fun to go to. Maybe post some pics up after the event for those of us that can not be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Neat. St. Louis has a close second. Sunset Motor Company was founded by Peter Heutel in 1912 and was awarded a Ford franchise in 1916. The original building is part of their present complex and the fourth generation of Heutels is running the company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Here's the link to their history listed on their website. It's cool that they are in the same building after 100 years. I've passed this dealership a thousand times and never new it's history. Shame on me!

http://www.marshallfordva.com/history.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Someone needs to tell them the statement about using packing crates as floor boards is pure myth with no foundation in fact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:03 am:

There was a Ford dealer in Hollister, California that celebrated theirs a couple of years ago, and another in Eureka that celebrated theirs before that! BUT, they are not in the original buildings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Diel Motors in Bellingham has been a Ford dealer in continuous business since 1907. In fact the great grandson is still running the family business. As a side bar they have a restored Model n that his family sold new. I do believe they hold the record for the real oldest dealer. They are not in their original building due to a fire back in the 60's which burned the model n, since restored

just sayin.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Tenvoorde Ford in St. Cloud is the oldest, continuous Ford Dealership in the U.S. - March 1903. I believe they are still family owned.

For many years, I believe they could only claim that they were the oldest Ford dealer west of the Mississippi River, but that changed in more recent years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 11:12 am:

... in continuous operation in the same building, built specifically as a Ford dealership.... I'm not getting too hung up on details. Sounds like a fun time so I'm going with my family and driving my 15. It'll be a nice 60 mile drive... one way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

I have an original box used to send a set of magnets from the ford Plant in Detroit to a dealer in Delaware.

The addresses were stenciled on and there was some other details on the boards that suggested they were recovered from packing crates of some sort.

The boards were dirty and a little oil soaked, so I washed them with a strong detergent and lost most of the writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

Boy, they sure had to add a whole lot of qualifiers to make their claim over the legitimate "World's Oldest Ford Dealership." That's what the sign at Tenvoode's Ford here in St. Cloud, MN says. Sure, they grew out of their downtown location and built a new place a mile away, but it's still owned and run by the same family for all these years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

The packing crate myths? probably have been around as long as the T! with little bits and pieces turning up from time to time like James magneto box.
There is period documentation, 1915/16 of export T's using packing case for bodies, WW1 ambo's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration