How to make a Bud Vase Holder ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How to make a Bud Vase Holder ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Has any one manufactured a home made Flower Vase Holder? I want to make a couple of holders for my
1927 Fordor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Why, you can buy new repos with brackets for around $35 each just go on line.

just sayin,

brsscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:39 am:

I would like to find something a little cheaper and nicer. Maybe homemade design and simple. Does your car have bud vases?
Thank you. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Buy or make your own just look at the ones in the online catalogs for ideas. I would add a strip of felt or such on the inside to prevent scratches to the glass. Google bud vase and see what comes up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

I hammered out a scrap of 1/16 inch thick aluminum to give it shape, filed it nice oval about an inch long and 1/2 inch wide for the part that screws onto the door post.
For the square bracket, the size and look was perfect, so I cut the non-screw-slots part off of a large stainless steel hose clamp and flattened it out, then carefully bent the corners to fit the vase I had. I used two small rivets and set them by small hammer to hold the parts together (after drilling appropriate holes in both parts).
Looks very nice in my coupe. Took about two hours, and didn't cost me a nickel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

I made mine, mostly because I couldn't find the correct ones for the square shaped vases.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Mr Booth,

They look great.

Dan C.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration