Bissel Strikes again buyer beware.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bissel Strikes again buyer beware.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 11:00 am:

Bissle is trying to sell a '26 touring on Craig's list. Wonder who really owns it?

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

That really sucks. When is that guy ever going to learn?
Why does he not get a real job like selling vacuum cleaners or something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

The 26 touring and 21 coupe may be the only cars he does fully own/have. The 26 has been for sale for a while. I do not condone his business practices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:14 am:

It appears he also has had a Model A for sale as well on the Ahooga.com website.

For Sale (Personal) (Ad #11728)
I have a 1929 Ford Model A Sport Coupe with rumble seat For Sale
It is very nice looking and yes the pictures have been taken just last week. It been restore I do not how long ago. But need a few things like new tires and battier I'm not going lie it dose need some TLC.I have issue with my heath and I was hoping that I could find it a home before I pass away my kid's and wife do not want it. I have price it at reasonable at the price of $15,000 or Best Offer My email is 1909ford@gmail.com or 541 255-5414 I will send pictures when you email me.
Thank you Jim

Posted by: Jim Bissell, from Waldport, OR USA

Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2015 at 09:18:33 (EDT)

The Website is 1909ford@gmail.com

Kinda wonder about the legitimacy of the story as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:40 am:

Beachfront property for sale, Bargain basement price! Only $10,000. A $3000.00 non returnable deposit required before showing. Showing by appointment only. Please allow me to check tide charts before showing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:19 am:

The photo of the '26 T on craig's list, shows the model a in the back ground.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

why does this guy bother u guys so bad, weather its his cars or hes selling, or selling it for someone else, who really cares, has he ever screwed any of u over, i bet not, if u don't want to buy the car don't, has he ever screwed anyone that u know of, i bet not, jeez get a hobby,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Mike,

JB has a long history of trying to sell cars he does not own.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

I will add this ...

I was in Roseburg, OR recently to see my Mom.

I happened to talk to a guy who was interested in buying a T that had just been to see what JB had for sale.

JB tried to sell him old tools - a travel trailer - other stuff when he was there - mostly junk is what he said.

The guy did not buy anything - he said things did not seem to be as represented ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

I really don't see a problem selling car u don't own, theres still a lot of ppl out there that that don't use the internet. Of all the cars I parted that I have bought off the net most are not as describe, but I have I have bought some that are better than described too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:24 pm:

Mike,

Advertising a car that belongs to someone else on the internet using their images and details without their express permission is fraud.

Selling a car that you do not own or possess but are buying on a payment plan without disclosing to a prospective buyer is dishonest.

JB has done both - numerous times.

You are welcome to do business with him - few choose to do so.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

I have done business with him ,both on and off ebay, and other venues, never once have I been wronged, but im guessing all the ppl complaining on here none have done business with him. but it seems to be the same ppl complaining about him , they need a hobby, if they don't want to deal with him don't. done with this conversation, everyone have a great nite

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:46 am:

Mike Peterson - your language structure - spelling mistakes are identical to James Bissell.

Just like the many alias names JB has used over the years.

Why do I get the feeling Mike Peterson is yet another one of the many aliases for James Bissell ?

What business have you specifically done Mike Peterson with James Bissell ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 02:22 am:

^ Now you've gone a bit too far.
Mike is a totally honorable seller and calling him on his spelling is a cheap shot.
Did you bother to check his ebay statistics?
Read 'em >>> http://www.ebay.com/usr/gunman63?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

He has 125 followers....I am one of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 02:37 am:

I've done plenty of business with Mike Peterson over the years and can positively attest to his character, integrity and honesty. He is a credit to our hobby and anyone casting aspersions his way owe him an apology. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 02:44 am:

Eww.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:29 am:

Sad how a vendor (a service provider actually), who, despite his claims of being a "MTFCA member" on every one of his ads, is not a hobbyist himself, can come on here and try to damage an actual Model T guy's reputation. I've bought a ton of parts from Mike Peterson on EBay over the years. He is an honest, stand-up guy and a credit to this hobby. Absolutely shameful behavior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:56 am:

I don't know Mike Peterson.

Others do and I apparently have made an incorrect assumption that he was JB using an alias.

My apologies for that.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:05 am:

I do know Mike Peterson.

I looked at the eBay link.

I have done business with him and he is an honorable person.

My apologies Mike.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:58 am:

no worries Jim, I thought someone hacked your account, when u said u didn't know me, LOL.
thanks for all the great feedback from the rest of u,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Mike,

I should have thought before I posted and I did not.

The subject of JB has come up on occasion & I have never had a good firsthand experience with him.

Your firsthand experience has been positive - you are a good guy - that is what really matters.

I am sorry for my rush to judgement.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:43 am:

I don't want to get in the middle of anybody's spittin' match but I will also say I've never had a bad deal with Mike or heard of anybody else unhappy with him except a couple guys at Chickasha who were mad because he bought some good parts while they were waiting for the guy to come down on his price.

As far as spelling, syntax, grammar, punctuation, sentence cohesion, subject/verb agreement,etc., it would be pretty easy to spend the day every day correcting posts. They are hard to edit in this structure and not everyone has the same ear for language nor education in those disciplines as others do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

Well I must say I have a long criminal record in regards to misspelling and such. I keep the grammar police jumping.
I am 1 of the old sentimental fools I guess some folks call us as I hate to see good cars parted out but that is what some people do. I can't afford to slow or stop that process sadly.
I have bought from Mike and he stands behind what he sells and If he has something I need I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Y heck fires, I duno bout dat spellin stuff, I tink I spel jast fine fellers. Shoot, I's was at da top of my clas. Took dat principle two days to get me off dat roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Will, you is stil at da top a yualls clas!

Though the jury's still out about how I feel about Mike Peterson tearing down our precious cars and taking them off the road, I can't argue the fact, Mike Peterson's business helps us keep our Model Ts on the road. Besides, I've met Mike, done business with him and find him to be a fair and pleasant fella.

Mr Freighter, I've never met you or done business with you. However, I have always enjoyed reading your posts and consider you a lucky fella for having the business you have. Now, go find some gold!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Virtually every part available today came from a vehicle that was at one point an assembled, running driving car. For whatever reason it was taken off the road and parted out. Without that source of parts there would be no parts other than what the vendors have reproduced new and what little new old stock remains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Mack Cole et al, I do not judge people by their grammar or spelling. Some of the best, most considerate, and helpful people I have ever known would flunk remedial English at the fourth grade level.
This JB issue has been around too much, and I usually try to stay out of it. Not to "flog the dead horse", but I do not personally know either Mike Peterson or JB. But I believe I have bought a couple things from Mike, and I have read many of his posts on this forum. To that limited extent, I do know him, like him, and would trust him.
I have never dealt directly with JB. But I have talked with people that have. What I do know of him, I would have to be desperate to even consider doing business with him. And it has nothing to do with his grammar or his spelling. It has to do with integrity.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

What Stan says is true, but it still bothers me when Mike takes apart a car that is at least 100% better than one I'm trying to put back together!
And yes, I have purchased parts from him, they were always as represented & shipped quickly & carefully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

What an unfortunate series of twists this thread has taken. It started off as a "warning" about someone of questionable methods, evolved into unjust accusations towards an honest man (based solely on an absolutely insulting, ridiculous assessment of "syntax" and "spelling" from someone wholly unqualified to render such an assessment - a person who really should limit his postings to his COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS FOR TRANSPORT OF ANY VEHICLE, as he is solely a VENDOR and not a Model T hobbyist/enthusiast/restorer) and has now devolved into a criticism of where/how a T guy gets the T parts he sells and T people on this actually buy. Sorry, but when I am working on a project and installing a part I bought from Mike Peterson, I'm thinking of that project in front of me and how happy I am that I got the part I needed from a decent guy, at a decent price. I am not thinking of where that part came from.

I hope Chris deletes this thread. Mike is undergoing all this scrutiny and commentary based on the foolish, uninformed, unfounded comments of someone who should think before typing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

And since spelling and syntax are so important on here, allow me to correct:

should read: "....and T people on this forum who actually buy them."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

At this point I'm not so sure the thread should be removed.
Some of the best advertising Mike ever GOT is in this thread....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

I knew a Mike in Saginaw Michigan, that would buy nice Ford pickups from local used car lots, and part them out. Most of the time, the parts went onto trucks far inferior to the one they came from. He was the go-to guy for anything F-series. Honest, fair, and knowledgeable. I view Mike Peterson the same way. The cars he knocks down for parts, put many, many other cars back on the road. I have dealt with him, and bought parts that I otherwise would not have access to. This thread has gotten pretty far off track, bit I felt the need to applaud the Mikes :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

LOL Craig, u are right, I always love it when someone starts a thread about me stripping model Ts, but u guys need to lay off Freighter Jim, hes a great guy, hes hauled for me, just made a SIMPLE mistake saying he didn't know me, Hes a great guy, if u need hauling hes the guy, hes honest and keeps his word and goes out of his way for u when hes hauling, u can trust your cars with him. If I have cars that need hauling on his route , I would never hesitate to ask him again,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

UP THERE ^ ^ ^
Proof POSITIVE what a great guy Mike is! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:10 am:

I really don't like beets. I don't like the smell of them. The looks of them or the nasty taste of them. I like Dorito Chips and Coca Cola. Oh, and I really like Model T Fords, some Chevys, one or two MOPAR products. I'm not a fan of muscle cars or...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:23 am:

Mike lives down the street. He likes tacos. We call him "Taco Mike" because there
are so many Mikes it is hard to keep track of them all.

Got a Neighbor Mike, Poopy Mike, Chevy Mike, Mopar Mike, Banjo Mike, ...

I knew a Robert from Vermont. He only ate the heads off chocolate bunnies.

And then there is Meltdown Ron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 11:58 am:

For some reason this scene keeps running through my mind
"What's this stuff?"
"I dunno, it's supposed to be good for you"
"Let's give to Mikey"
"Hey Mikey--Mikey...."
"Mikey LIKES it!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

And will you people please go back and listen to that d_mn commercial. That idiot kid says "Mikey won't eat it, Mikey won't eat anything!" Now my days really in the crapper! I'm going through the rest of the day with that ridiculous commercial in my mind. Thanks a lot Mr Bissel you son of...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

I rest my case. And hey, it ain't my fault if the little brat ended up "liking it". The bottom line is "Mikey won't eat anything." And for years, every ignoramous on Gods green earth has told me,"Mikey eats everything." Oh crap, now I went and kicked the dog. Boy this day has sure gone into the toilet. Come here fella, I'm sorry, yeah, you're a good boy. Who's my friend? Who's my buddy? Ouch you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

A few years ago, some TV advertising company got those three kids (by then adults) together again to re-shoot the commercial exactly as they had done 20-30 years prior: same lines, similar clothes (as I recall) and the same punchline: "He likes it! Hey, Mikey!" One could almost recognize the now-adults as being the same cute little kids in that irritating as h*ll commercial from the 1960's. I recall that the adult Mikey seemed to have eaten more than his fair share of breakfast food in the interim between childhood and young adulthood. Maybe that stuff wasn't so good for him after all? :-)
Boy, has this thread gone far afield from its original direction!
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

As a fat guy named Mike I'll defend the mans right to like the cereal. But I was still proud of him that he wouldn't eat it because he hated everything. Now knowing he's become a fella with an obvious "liking" for food makes me respect him more.

Represent Friend Mikey, represent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

He said: "He won't eat it, he hates everything."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Gee, all I was trying to do was insert some humor here, had no Idea it would become controversial!
And, yes, I forgot one of the important lines in the commercial--oh well, LTSED strikes again! (Long-Term Solvent Exposure Disorder) One reason I went back to college to get out of full time restoration for a living.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

It's all good David. We're all just a little tired of seeing bissell pop up from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 09:04 am:

I heard that the Mike kid in the commercial died.

They took away his LIFE!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration