26 tt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 tt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

Front crossmember I got rivit set has round head an flat what goes where.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

Not sure what you're asking ....

Front crossmember - I got a rivet set, has round and flat ____ (?)

What goes where ?

---------------------------------------------

Is that what you're asking ?

Front crossmember on what .... cab ? bed ? frame ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

yes.on the frame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

On mine, the rounded heads face down along the frame side rail, and outward on the crossmember,
with the flattened sides on the inner face of the crossmember and side rail.

I hope that 'splains. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

thanks guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

now ijust heat up rivits an hit with buckbar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:51 am:

The job is so much easier with two good people. But if you are like me, and usually wind up doing everything the hard way alone? This is how I sometimes do rivets (including just two days ago).
I use a piece of scrap iron bar, about five inches long. C-clamp it onto the hard to reach side of the frame, one end of the bar onto the rivet's head, C-clamp about an inch or two away. With the rivet clamped and backed up by the bar, appropriately trimmed, and fit into the holes, I heat the rivet where it pokes through the frame and start hammering the end slowly with a ball-peen hammer. heat, hammer, heat, hammer, guiding the rivet down straight and slow with the angle and direction of the hammer blows.Usually, I just smooth the rivet with light hammer blows.
If I want to get fancy? I did make a die by drilling and rounding a small hole in the end of another piece of scrap bar stock. It does a nice job. But after dozens of hand hammered rivets? I get them them finished so quick I don't bother to pick it up anymore.
Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Thank you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration