OT Buyer beware!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Buyer beware!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

I recently ran a wanted ad in the classifieds for some uncommon speedometer parts. Several days later a Mark Bagshaw responded with an offer to sell them to me if I sent him a Moneygram. I was to send the Moneygram to his sister in Chicago, as she worked in a bank and could convert the funds easily there. I was able to ask him over the phone about the part numbers on the parts, the numbers he gave me didn't match the parts he described but were the correct numbers I had given in the ad. I asked where he had acquired these parts. He replied in a heavy Indian accent he gets these direct from the manufacture! I then asked for a picture of the parts. I'm still waiting for the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Jerry, I'm very happy that you are a whole bunch smarter than Mr. Bagshaw!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Jerry, Here's the email I got from the same guy when I put a wanted ad for a MultiFord High Compression head in the classifieds here back on Sept. 08

"Hello buddy,

I am emailing with respect to your advert. Please let me know if you are still in need of the above and I'll get back to you. What's your phone # ?

Kind regards,

David Bagshaw
North Chicago, IL 60064
USA."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Jay, I got the same exact email! Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

I got it also.

tim moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

All he's got to do is fool one out of a thousand to make a nice living. ;o)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration