Progress

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Progress
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

It`s been almost 4 years since my T followed me home. I live in PA. and another winter is fast approaching, I am trying to get all the paint work done before it gets to cold to paint in my small garage. I hope to final assemble by the end of spring so I can learn to drive it, in a large open parking lot. can you imagine being 64 years old and need driving lessons again. well, I started driving an old ford truck in the potato fields when I was 10, so maybe with 54 years under my belt since my last driving lesson it will be easier this time. a couple pictures. Ken progressprogress

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Very beautiful car you have there Ken and learning to drive them is the best part. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Hang in there, Ken -- Looks like you're on the home stretch! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Good work. Is it a 25? The wheels look like 19 inch balloon tires which would be for a late 25 and 26 year.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

looking very good so far, keep it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Nice work Ken! PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 02:39 am:

Wow! It looks fantastic. I can only hope mine will look that good once the paint is on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:51 am:

Hi Norm ! far as I know it`s a 24. I did a lot of research on this car and I believe it is a 24. someone added the later tires so I decided to use them to keep the cost down. I`ll post more pictures in the near future. thanks. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:53 am:

Nice work Ken! When it comes to learning to drive, can I suggest you find a nearby experienced T driver to come over and give you some lessons. It would be sad to see you damage some of your nice work in the learning process. Mainly someone who can teach you how to be sympathetic to the operation of your bands and transmission, which may save you some rework later on. Be sure to post some pictures of the completed project!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:59 am:

Wow! Great transformation. Great work!

It does take a little getting used driving. Practice Practice Practice. I bought a T doodlebug and been having a blast learning on it driving up and down my road holding up traffic. I figured after having my pickup truck for ten years I better start learning to drive, the doodlebug is just an easy way for me to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:39 am:

Going to be a real nice tudor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Ken: I only live about 2 miles from you. Any time you are ready for your driving lesson, give me a holler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Thanks all, for the comments and advice. after 4 years I can hardly wait for that last photo. at least a work in progress one. hey Marc, I might just take you up on the driving lessons! thanks. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Ken,

It is looking good!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration