My new Gasket Board (Thanks Langs)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My new Gasket Board (Thanks Langs)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:24 am:

A few years ago I hosted a special anniversary tour for my T Chapter. I thought it might be nice to have something special in the tour pack so I approached Langs to sponsor the tour and send out some gasket posters. All the tour participants were very pleased to receive them and we appreciate Langs support in Australia. Finally got around to mounting my poster on a board today and hanging all my gaskets on it. I have looked at this poster so many times and just when I went to hang the gaskets on I realised there was no space for one of the biggest and most important! Now I have to find somewhewre to hang my old head gaskets! Anyone got an original gasket board for me with a head gasket space???? Thanks again Langs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:21 am:

I've got three different manufacturer's boards and none have an outline for the head gasket !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Steve, Here's one currently on TBay for a mere $1000 WITH the head gasket outlined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Anyone have a langs poster they would like to sell???? Been looking for a gasket board but can't spend a ton of money.... Thanks keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

Get yourself a set of gaskets and a piece of tempered Masonite. Paint the Masonite satin white and let it dry. Lay out the gaskets according to the above photo (it's also shown in the Service Bulletins--I think in 1925 somewhere), put tape on the undersides to hold them in place, and spray the whole works dark green. Peel off the gaskets, put a frame around it and place your hooks and you're in business for a lot less than a grand. You can add the lettering if you want by cutting it out of some old manila file folders and taping it to the board with the gaskets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Keith, just call Lang's, they give them away!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Watch out Don, Steve, and AshLey, you are about to get a run on on free gasket boards. :-)

If you have a minute I would like one. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:05 am:

It would always be nice to buy a little something from them if your asking for the free poster! Maybe a complete gasket set to hang on your new board!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:18 am:

With all the money I've spent with them they should send me a dozen......I do like r.v. Idea of just making one..... I see a trip to Home Depot for lunch today happening....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:21 am:

I missed out on an original Ford gasket board years ago and forgot that IT DID have the head gasket - thanks for pointing that out, Jay !

I like RV's suggestion also !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

Bob

Please notice the double smilieys. It was done in jest, and I made a mental note to ask for one during my next order.

To my surprise I just received an email telling me that my order has been placed.

I know that there are some very good model T part vendors but I this is typical of the great folks at Lang's and they are my primary source. I think of them as friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 02:10 am:

My Lovely Bride mounted mine on a pice of plywood a couple weeks ago then used trim nails to "fill it up".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 07:42 am:

Participants at the recent Ohio Jamboree were afforded the opportunity of receiving one. Haven't mounted mine as yet, but eventually will.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration