Fault in profile editing ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fault in profile editing ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:43 am:

Am I looking in the wrong place ? There is an option box to click to "show recent posts when editing profile". However I am struggling to find an "edit profile" button. Where am I going wrong ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:06 am:

Not sure what you're wanting to edit, but there is the "additional personal information" section, where you can add/change things there, then beneath where it says "Category Title" and "Your Answer", you click the "Save Profile Changes" button, and then your profile info is added, changed, or whatever. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:26 am:

Post so I can capture a screen shot.

Respectfully researching,

Hap l9l5 cut off

I can then go back and make changes to the posting. But I have a limited amount of time to do so.

(Message edited by hap_tucker on September 27, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:57 am:

Brass TT

1. Go to your profile page.

2. When there look down to the second heading "Most Recent Posts"

The key is you have to go back to edit the post within so many minutes of the last time it was edited. I would guess 10 minutes or so. I know I've come back an hour later and the "pencil icon" was no longer visible.

I hope that answers your question or gives you the clue so you can discover the answer.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:00 am:

Brass TT,

I just went back and the option to edit my original post has gone. But I could still edit my second posting above.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:02 am:

Brass TT,

I just checked and both of the last two postings have the "Pencil icon" next to them. So I could edit them.

And the first one in less than 30 minutes was no longer available for edit.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Test post

(Message edited by vwgary on September 27, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Here's how it works for me. When I click on User Profile at the top of the page I get this.

When I fill in the blanks and click Log in I get this.

As Hap pointed out, there are pencils for the posts I can still edit. The one from last night has no pencil, so it can only be changed by the webmaster.

Note that I can delete a very recent post. If you're going to delete a post and start over, you'd better do it fast, because the chance lasts only a few minutes, even less than the chance to edit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:58 am:

:30 minutes (or less if someone posts after yours, prior to the :30 minute limit)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/482003.html?1411828725

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Brass TT can correct me if I'm wrong but seems to me he wants to edit his profile..not his posts. At least that's the way I interpret his commentary after reading it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Hmmm,

Yes, guess that you are correct Tim.

Profile editing can be done after one "log in" at the beginning of the options:

Profile Editor Options

Most Recent Posts
Information About You
Additional Personal Information
Preferences
Favorite Topics
Picture
Change Password
Delete Your Account
View Profile

No ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Dave, yes. The problem is, to edit your profile it's a bit deceiving, in that basically all you are doing is either adding or deleting from the information in that section that you (we) did to begin with, then click "save profile changes"...almost like doing your profile from new, but not really. When I get time I have to go in and change my pic profile, as I've sold the firetruck. I gotta get "the gang" outside for a new photo-op of 'em before the weather craps out!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration