'26 floorboard questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26 floorboard questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

I'm re-constructing by '26 roadster floorboards and I have a couple of questions: How are the plates that surround the pedals attached to the wood? The upper plate was attached by hollow rivets while the lower one was attached by small brad-like nails bent over on the bottom. The nails didn't seem right to me but comparing the floorboards there weren't any holes for rivets. One though was that the wood holding the lower plates was a replacement and the installer didn't have the rivets and didn't drill the proper holes. The first picture shows one of the rivets. The second shows the holes on the bottom of the board where the rivets were attached. Looks like the holes were drilled quickly and haphazardly as the there is major spitting of the wood. The third shot shows the part number which makes me think it was a replacement. Don't ask what that hole was for-it's not for the starter switch. That hole is in a different part of the floorboard. Any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

That hole in the last picture is for lifting the floorboard away, the complete board is T-45332, you have part of that board, and still has the part # ! Nice.

Typical late floorboard trim is held with a couple of hollow rivets. Not all the holes in the metal trim were fastened. Some of the pedal trim is just crimped with the under flanges, and no holes are filled with rivets or screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

Well that makes sense. I noticed that the boards are joined with by dovetails. Thanks for your help and letting me know what that hole is for.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration